Advanced Smart Functionality, Durability, Ohaus Quality and Value
The OHAUS Defender 5000X Series is a feature-rich line of bench scales, combining an ABS plastic T51P indicator with painted steel bases and columns. Ideal for shipping and receiving, production, packaging and general commercial and industrial weighing applications, the Defender 5000X offers a multifunctional indicator with multiple weighing units and software modes to meet the requirements of industrial and lab applications.
Defender 5000X can meet the needs of demanding industrial operations. Standard Features Include:
The Defender 5000X Offers Multiple Features and Easy Configuration: To meet different operational needs, the Defender 5000 includes a suite of configurable software:
- Painted steel bases with ABS indicator
- 10,000-12,500d default resolution for square bases, 5,000-7,500d default resolution for rectangular bases
- Quick display of results using large LCD with high-contrast white backlight
- Temporary display of 10x readability in weighing mode using quick key press
- Easy to operate with 4-key membrane keypad with raised tactile keys
- Weighs in one or more units: kg, g, lb, oz, lb:oz (decimal), tonnes and user-definable custom unit
- Multiple weighing modes including Counting, Percent Weighing, Dynamic/Animal Weighing,Checkweighing, and Display Hold.
- Internal power supply with universal line cord or 6 “C” batteries (80 hour battery life) – optional NiMH internal rechargeable power pack available
- Includes RS232 interface with GMP/GLP data output including date and time
- Base and indicator connected using quick connect plug
- Optional interfaces include DC relay control kit, AC relay control kit,2nd RS232 and RS485/422
- Counting mode for packaging and inventory control, enabling counting into a container or out of a container for bulk operations. Supports a maximum counting resolution to 1:300,000 (minimum APW equal to 0.1d), selectable auto-optimization of average piece weight (APW). APW data can be displayed at any time using a quick key press.
- Percent Weighing mode for formulation and mixing applications, with display of reference weight with quick key press.
- Dynamic/Animal Weighing with selectable weigh times from 0-60 seconds.
- Checkweighing function for packaging and weight checking, with display of results using LCD display and red/yellow/green LEDs. Audible beeper can be configured to prompt when weight is within range, under, over, or under or over range. Target weight values can be displayed at any time using a quick key press.
- Display Hold mode for weighing large packages holds last stable weight on display until cleared
- The Defender 5000 weighs in one or more user-selectable units: kg, g, lb, oz, lb:oz (decimal), tonnes and user-definable custom unit
- Supports GMP/GLP data output with date, time user ID, project ID and scale ID. The Defender 5000 features selectable print options for data and print format
- To limit operator access to functions, the Defender 5000 offers both software lockouts for menu items as well as individual key functions.
T51P: ABS plastic housing with internal rib reinforcements, reversible rear cover, backlit LCD weight display, checkweighing indication (green, yellow, red), membrane keypad with raised tactile keys, built-in bi-directional RS232 with manual/continuous/interval printing, external tare input, hardware configuration lockout switch, internal switching power supply with line cord and battery power using 6 “C” cell batteries.
Zero point calibration, calibration test, span or linear calibration, selectable auto-zero tracking range, selectable stability range, selectable averaging level, selectable LCD backlight, selectable auto shutoff, retain zero weight data after power-off, Geo gravity adjustment, selectable key beep, key function lock, menu lock, selectable power-on and calibration unit, battery status display, display of gross/net weight, indication of stability, center of zero, overand underweight, overload and underload conditions. Configuration menus for PRINT1, PRINT2, COM1, COM2, and I/O.
Compliance • Safety and EMC: cULus 2005/95/EC low voltage directive: EN60950-1:2001, FCC Part 15 Class A 2004/108/EC Compliant to Directive 202/96/EC on waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE)
• Quality: OHAUS quality management system registered to ISO 9001:2000